Monday, November 17, 2008

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

T-minus 6 days...I can hardly believe it.

I spent the majority of last week coughing and hacking and wheezing, but took off Friday from work and finally kicked the cold in the ARSE. So there. Take THAT sickness. On Saturday I rose early and headed to the gym for my last long run before the race. Since it was cold/rainy out again this weekend I opted for treadmill action instead of risking another cold. I felt great, but stopped after 6 miles purely from boredom of running on a treadmill.

Also, fun fact, I like to watch TBS movies on Saturday morning if I'm running at the gym. Usually I'll just watch whatever movie they're airing but this Saturday it was...Richie Rich. I've never been more self-conscious of my TV screen. At every commercial I'd be like "man, I wonder what ELSE is on" and half-heartedly search through other channels before inevitably arriving back at TBS. See, the truth is, I kind of liked the movie. It's entertaining, and really I just need a story line to keep me going for a couple hours. I'm cool. I know it...

The run was good, and nothing physically hurt afterwards. Achilles? Check. Knees? Check. I am thrilled.
It was a great self-confidence booster, as was the shopping trip that Brie & I took that afternoon. My wallet is hurting...but my closet is busting!

Tonight I have an easy 4 miles and then Yoga for some good stretchy-ness.

I got SUPER pysched this morning when I looked up the course map again. The last 13.5 miles are through the Kelly Drive loop that I know so well...I think I had my first "mental" feeling that I'm really going to do this. And it's going to be AWESOME.
omg...it's almost time. I can't believe that by this time Next Week, I'll be a marathoner.

No comments: