Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taper Madness

Last night Emmy sends me this email

"by the way, not sure if this describes you at all bec - but it's describing me....
taper madness!
http://www.runrichmond.com/id33.html"

And it totally is...especially this part: "Every sneeze, sniffle, cough or pimple becomes a life-threatening virus or infection."

After our run on Saturday morning where it started raining, I developed a chest cold. ARGH. I mean AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. But it'll be OK. I am taking Nyquil to get decent night's sleeps and am looking forward to a 5 mile run on the treadmill tomorrow. I refuse to lose any more fitness...even though I know I'm supposed to be tapering. It's a maddening mindset to be forced into less running when I feel like I should still be pushing myself.


1 comment:

H. said...

ok hi: The second week starts the deep depression. The tapering Marathoner starts to really miss running.

boo... and EW my word verification was herse. EW! hello blogger come up with something more pleasant next time..