Monday, October 13, 2008

All right, I get it all ready!

I'm already in a short-term boot and on prescription anti-inflammatory meds. I'd given in to taking a few days off running when I got hit by a mac truck with a cold(?) on Sunday. Pretty much it went like this:
Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat - thinking and psyching myself up for a good elliptical run on Monday
Sunday - BAM, death rattle cough, chest & head congestion and a sore throat

I feel like someone/thing is making it pretty clear that maybe I need to take a step back and take care of myself right now for a little bit.

The plan for this week is to see how I'm feeling after a solid 12 hours of sleep tonight and then maaaaaaybe pick up some good cardio later in the week.

Fun fact: Tomorrow I have a the physical I scheduled to make sure I was healthy enough to run the marathon. I'm going to show up on the tail end of meds, in a boot, with a box of kleenex. Even I think it's hilarious.

2 comments:

H. said...

that is hilarious.. i am def doing my 18 on saturday.. i can't have all that pressure hanging on me all weekend! (and i have a bachelorette party in the city sat night. ahem)

yah philly cares day! i have done that before! i painted a school. good times.

Josh said...

Glad you've decided to take it easy this week. No use letting yourself get to a point where you won't be able to run the marathon because you are so run down. Taking a step back now will help you take down the 26.2.