Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 12: Day 6: 10.5 miles (or 1hr 38min on an elliptical)

Still smarting from Thursday's run, and trying to soothe my achilles tendon, I decided to do a run at the gym on Saturday morning instead of attempting to pound pavement. My friend, Heather, helped me realize that I'm better off taking it a little easy this week than hurting myself and not being able to do the 16 miler next weekend.

Heather, not only am I updating this thing, I have mentioned you personally. Honestly, I think you're maybe one of 3 people that have actually read it, so you deserve the shout-out :)

So, resigned to elliptical cardio-training, I looked up the movie on TBS for Saturday and was delighted to see that it was Varsity Blues! I can easily run for 2 hours if I'm watching a movie, and in fact, it's one of the few saving graces of a long run brought indoors on a Saturday morning.

Felt pretty good afterwards, and looking forward to a run outside on Monday. Nothing better than a crisp fall run. I'm working on psyching myself up for the 16 I have waiting for me while I'm in Albuquerque...

1 comment:

Josh said...

Heather beat me to it. Thanks for finally updating! :)